One of the most important features at LinkedIn is to establish direct connections with other people that let you:
- Do business with them
- Consume/provide services from/to them
- Grow your network for future business
- Grow your network so your chance to be found and find the right people grows too.
With LinkedIn groups your chance to find someone you want to connect with grows drastically. At LinkedIn Groups you are making direct contact with lot of people you’d like to meet like ones that:
- Offers some services you also offer
- Consume some services you offer
- A possible client
- A possible partner
- Entrepreneur in your industry
- Innovators in your industry
In the process of writing this series of posts, LinkedIn added a feature that is perfect for this topic… When you add someone to your network at LinkedIn, you always must say how you meet the guy you are inviting (Colleague at work, university), friend, family and a new one: LinkedIn groups.
These new choice let you add a user to your network without knowing user’s email address by just saying you want to add a user because you have met him/her at a LinkedIn Groups. This way, you can make direct contact with some business related people that you meet in a group quite more easily than before.
This is post #6 of the (M)aking the (M)ost of (L)inkedIn (G)roups (F)unctionality (MMLGF) Series.