After my last post “Using TAGS in Business Social Networking” I keep thinking on what interesting it would be make a list with some pros and cons of this idea so here I start..
- We will see direct contacts just as another group and not as our only group.
- We can tag people inside our direct contacts group to get more detailed views of our own contacts. We can tag people for example by
- Where they come from
- Industry in which they are working on
- Why they are useful for you as a direct contact
- What you can offer to them as a direct contact
- Advanced and Personalized search using tags as part of LinkedIn search keywords.
- Chance to build better business services personalized for people on each tag group.
- Chance to build better relationships and connections with people on each tag group.
- Chance to share tags with all community or at least with some of your contacts just to help them.
- Advanced configuration needed, but predefined settings could reduce this problem.
- Controlling TAGs will cause problems, but a good GUI should reduce this problem, and again, the chance to not use TAGs is always there.
Could you add more pros and cons?